Dream... Hope ~ Believe!

A Journey of Faith

I Won Something!

I think most people know by now. But I want to add it to my blog.

My Short Story won a place in the The Cloud anthology competition at The Next Big Writer. Yay! It's a great thrill. And it's official now with a contract.
I'm sure it is just the beginning. Also the publishing company will be using the profits to begin a fund for a computer program in Africa. I'm not sure of the details to that, but hopefully I can find out more.

I've pimped up my blog again, so I'm quite happy with it. Except the COMMENTS have all gathered at the TOP of the SCREEN. AAARHG! what a pain. Please note; I have got comments. It's just that they have disappeared, and I'm too daft to know how to get them back.

But seriously, there's alot of talk lately on the writing site I'm on, about marketing your writing on the internet. How important it is to have an online face - through blogs, and twitter, and facebook and the rest. How we should be following Agents, authors and anyone else who can tell us how to get a leg up. It's making my head swim, and the more I read of how important it is, the more I creep back into my quiet dark blog corner. It's not that I don't agree. I just don't know how to write about writing.

Don't get me wrong, I loooove networking - oddly enough. But I just want to make friends. I especially get excited when I know they will one day be published. I can then brag how I know a published author. Yay! cool. and maybe get free holidays in other countries. When I can afford to travel. (hehe! hope they won't mind)

Now I've got so many links of blogs, twitters, forum posts, and facebook, I hardly know where I'm supposed to be. I tried to be friends with someone on facebook but I was already their friend. I don't know what blog I should be reading, as well I'm trying to review other writer friends on tNBW. Did I mention that I have a life outside of the internet? yes, it's true. I can't believe it myself! how dare Life? and it suffers, and makes me suffer.
I should be more organized. But I really think that I have a form of ADD. Maybe that's ALWAYS DAY DREAMING! I can't get myself together, but I'm trying. I have to.
no, really I think I do suffer from ADD.


The only way my book is going to get published is through a miracle!

It's all exciting! well, I'm feeling it- on most days.

smoooch! :{}

2 Comments:

Lou, I love your blog! It's beautiful!

 

All of us writers underestimate the marketing side of selling books, so it comes as a tiring surprise when we realize how much networking we have to do.

I'm wordsmith from tnbw and stumbled across your blog from Rita's page. You should update more often. Like the look of it too.

 

Post a Comment